322 Sam Sibley DriveNatchitoches, LA 71457318-357-5269http://wrac.nsula.edu
The NSU Wellness, Recreation, Activity Center (WRAC) provides a healthy and motivating environment where our patrons can comfortably interact with one another and enjoy the many fitness, leisure, competition, and wellness programs available. The 88,000 square foot facility opened in 2005 and is one of the premier recreational facilities in Louisiana. The center includes:
- Two large gymnasiums with four courts marked for basketball, volleyball, and badminton.
- Three state of the art raquetball courts with glass back walls for playing and observation. All courts are equipped for, and may be used to play the exciting game of wallyball.
- 2500 square foot group exercise studio that is host to over 20 group exercise classes each week.
- 3000 square foot free weight room with a variety of free weight, plate-loaded, barbells, and dumbell equipment.
- 2800 square foot strength machine area with machines to cover all areas of a full body work-out.
- 2800 square foot cardio machine area. This area is equipped with Cardio Theater and six televisions to make your work-out go quicker. This area is equipped with over 25 pieces of cardio equipment.
- 400 square foot beauty bell area. This area is located between the strength machines and cardio equipment. This area has dumbells from 3lb - 15lb, kettle bells from 5lbs - 40lbs, and medicine balls.
- 10 laps make a mile on our three-lane, rubberized, cushioned jogging/walking track. You can take a break in one of the designated stretching areas on the side of the track to cool down or use the cardio area for a warm-up or a complete workout while enjoying a view overlooking our beautiful campus.
- Men and women have their own spacious locker room with seven private showers and a steam room on the basement level. Lockers may be rented on a yearly basis and come complete with a shower and workout towel each day for your convenience.
- The "Core" room is located on the basement floor and is equipped with the space and equipment for those intense core workouts that help us in our everyday activities.
- The massage therapy room, managed by our assistant director of wellness is located on the basement floor. Take an hour out of your day for this amazing experience. Appointments may be made by calling 318-357-5331.
- Wellness includes our fitness assessment lab and personal training program located on the ground floor. Stop in and see how you can improve your daily well being.
- Enjoy a game of ping pong or just relax and visit with friends in the cafe area located on the ground floor next to the front desk.
- An extensive Intramural program and club sports program are available in our department. Please stop by these offices in the WRAC administrative area on the ground floor!
- Our Fun N Fitness youth sports camps for your children are avaialble each summer in July! This all day camp will get your children ages 5-12 on their way to learning many different activities, team building, sportsmanship, and the importance of fitness in a safe and fun environment!